Diversity at DCTC
Discovering and Respecting Differences
The faculty, staff and students at DCTC consider mutual understanding and respect a top priority on campus. Our college community is committed to creating a positive, engaging environment that welcomes opinions and ideas from people from all nations, backgrounds and cultures.
Our student population features scholars from all over the world, including countries in Africa, Europe, Asia, South America,the Middle East and, of course, North America.
Students with African American, European American, Native American, Asian American and Hispanic heritages are enrolled in our programs, reflecting a growing and promising diversity in Minnesota and across the country.
Multicultural Student Recruiter/Advisors
The DCTC team of recruiters and academic advisors recognize the unique challenges faced by international students, non-native English speakers and students from diverse cultures. They are here to serve as your advocate and guide as you familiarize yourself with your new college surroundings.
Our multicultural student recruiter/advisors provide the following support services:
- Admissions and Registration assistance
- Financial Aid information and assistance
- Career planning
- Course information and assessment
- Counseling and planning
- 503 Irving Avenue North, Suite 100A
Minneapolis, MN 55405
- 7601 Kentucky Avenue North
Brooklyn Park, MN 55428
- 6421 45th Avenue North
Crystal, MN 55428
Each year, people from an impressive range of nations gather in the central commons on the DCTC Rosemount campus to celebrate their cultural traditions through food, music, dance, storytelling, photographs, artwork, crafts, currency, ethnic dress, history lessons, conversation, laughter and the sharing of ideas.
- College Possible
- African American Family Services
- African Community Services
- American Refugee Committee
- Amigos de las Americas
- Minnesota Literacy Council
- Minnesota Minority Education Partnership
- Minnesota State College Student Association
- East African Women's Center
- Southeast Asian Community Council