Sara Woodward is an exercise and sport science instructor. She began teaching at DCTC when her program first started in 2002.
Sara has a master's degree in kinesiology with an emphasis in exercise physiology from the University of Minnesota. Sara has a master's degree in kinesiology with an emphasis in exercise physiology from the University of Minnesota.
She holds CSCS and NSCA-CPT certifications through the National Strength and Conditioning Association. She holds CSCS and NSCA-CPT certifications through the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
She has accrued extensive industry experience, having:
- worked as a personal trainer at the Minnesota Valley YMCA in Burnsville
- taught weight training and provided individual training from 1997-2001
- taught physical activity courses at the University of Minnesota
- prepared students for national personal training certifications at the World Instructor Training Schools
- served as the area director for the WITS
- conducted health fairs and grade school educational seminars for the Minneapolis Heart Institute
Sara was honored as the 2007 DCTC Teacher of the Year. In 2001, she presented her master's thesis on women and resistance training at the American College of Sport Medicine National Conference in Baltimore, Maryland.
Regarding her teaching philosophy, she states, "I believe that it is a teacher's role to facilitate the learning and success of our students. I support and encourage students to reach their full potential.
"I believe that all students can be successful if they put forth the effort. My role is to be in partnership with my students with the ultimate goal being their success."
Working with students is the best part of her job as a DCTC instructor. "I have been blessed to work with a variety of students of different ages, races, and nationalities," she says. "I learn so much from them and their experiences."
Sara's interests include resistance training and martial arts.
- Sara Woodward
Exercise and Sport Science Instructor