Medical Administrative SpecialistEmployment
According to ISEEK, Minnesota's career, education and job resource, employment for medical secretaries is expected to grow 32 percent in Minnesota by the year 2020. ISEEK: " This career is seeing very high growth compared to other careers. There will be a need for about 3,480 new Medical Secretaries to meet market demand between 2010-2020. This includes the demand due to replacement (workers leaving the occupation or retiring) as well as growth."
Graduates secure employment in positions such as health unit coordinator, medical receptionist, patient relations representative (PRR), front office manager, medical office specialist, office manager, patient coordinator, receptionist and unit support representative.
Potential Job Titles
- Medical Office Clerk
- Medical Office Secretary
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Secretary
- Patient Services Representative
Salary Data *
- Average Wage: $19.98/hour
- Top Earners: $23.16/hour
* Source: ISEEK: Minneapolis-St. Paul seven-county metro area, 2014
Gainful Employment Reports
- Medical Administrative Specialist - Diploma 39 credits
- Medical Receptionist - Certificate 25 credits