- Delivery: Daytime and Online Classes
- Start: Fall, Spring or Summer Session, Full- or Part-Time
- Locations: Rosemount Campus, Apple Valley Site
- Marketing Design Specialist - A.A.S. Degree
- Marketing Design Specialist - Diploma
- Marketing Event Specialist - Certificate
- Marketing Communication Specialist - Certificate
Program Data Sheet
Marketing is a vast field with room for multitudes of professions. Experts estimate that more than one-third of all Americans have marketing activities in their positions.
Marketing Design Specialist: This program delivers skills of all general marketing concepts including strategic planning, consumer buying behavior, event planning, sales, e-marketing, public relations, advertising, promotions, global marketing, product and service development, logistics, and marketing research, along with basic graphic design. Graduates are prepared to design visual communications materials for marketing efforts, determine strategies to reach their markets, organize events, plan advertising and promotional campaigns, establish strong web presence for their organizations, and research to assist in market planning.
Marketing Event Specialist: A marketing event specialist certificate uses knowledge in the areas of publicity, marketing communications writing, promotional marketing, budgeting, scheduling, advertising, and event planning to promote activities involving an event, such as a grand opening, open house, conference, trade show, and social event. These events are designed to bring a product, service, company, or concept to the attention of the public or a targeted audience.
Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)
Often a key department to the success of any business, marketing professionals work to develop strategies to meet the overall goals of the organization. Marketers with skills in creativity are often asked to organize events and design materials for their companies to promote and grow the organizations. Professionals tend to work under deadlines set from managers, vendors, or themselves. Travel or relocation can be part of the job. However, improved technology continues to increase telecommuting from home offices, which along with teleconferencing, has reduced travel requirements.
Potential Job Titles
- Marketing Design Specialist
- Marketing Administrator
- Marketing Coordinator
- Special Event Coordinator
- Marketing Event Specialist
- Brand Manager
- Media Planner Sales Manager
- Project Manager
- Sales Specialist
- Commercial Marketing Specialist
- Online Marketing Coordinator
- Average Wage: $22.53/hour
- Top Earners: $34.76/hour
Gainful Employment Reports
- Marketing Design Specialist - Diploma 46 credits
- Marketing Event Specialist - Certificate 28 credits
- Marketing Communication Specialist - Certificate 28 credits
- Lee Anne Xiong
Enrollment Advisor and Financial Aid Specialist
Marketing & Sales Blog
View regular blog posts by your instructor or program department on industry news, announcements, events, recent projects, success tips, and other material such as photos or video.
Marketing & Sales Blog