|General Education - A.S. Degree Requirements||30 cr.||Rosemount | Eagan | Online|
|General Education - A.A.S. Degree Requirements||15 cr.||Rosemount | Eagan | Online|
|General Education - Diploma Requirements||9 cr.||Rosemount | Eagan | Online|
General Education Courses
- View All DCTC General Education Courses
- View General Education Courses Available This Semester (Star ID required)
Philosophy of General Education
Dakota County Technical College incorporates General Education into its curriculum because it firmly believes that higher education involves breadth as well as depth of study and because General Education also achieves an important goal of the college’s mission. The mission of Dakota County Technical College is to provide collegiate-level education for employment that will empower individuals to enhance their opportunities for career advancement and success in a global economy.
General Education is a requirement of all programs of 45 or more semester credits in length and is an integral part of the formal technical or professional preparation of students. This “general” education provides the kind of intellectual concepts and common knowledge that is expected of an educated person.
Delivery of Courses
- Traditional: DCTC offers a variety of day and evening transferable general education courses in the classroom.
- Online: DCTC offers transferable general education courses online for those that need flexibility.
- Hybrid: DCTC offers transferable general education courses in a blended format that includes both face to face and online components for increased flexibility.
- Georgina Lorencz
Speech Communication Instructor
- Cassandra Moe
- Kristine Squillace Stenlund