- Delivery: Daytime Classes
- Start: Fall Semester, Full-Time
- Location: Rosemount Campus
Program Data Sheet
This program prepares students for employment in dentistry as a Certified Dental Assistant and a Licensed Dental Assistant. Students are trained to expose and process dental x-ray films, master a variety of chairside skills and expanded functions delegated by the Minnesota State Board of Dentistry. Students also study ways to control and prevent dental disease. Excellent communication skills are required for patient education.
At minimal cost, students can become student members of important professional organizations such as:
Dental assistants provide direct and indirect patient care working under the supervision of a dentist. Potential work settings include dental practices in both general and specialty offices. Work areas are near the patient in the dental chair to permit efficient assistance to the dentist.
Potential Job Titles
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA)
- Licensed Dental Assistant (LDA)
- Expanded Duty Dental Assistant
- Restorative Dental Assistant
- Average Wage: $20.72/hour
- Top Earners: $26.76/hour
Gainful Employment Reports
- Dental Assistant - Diploma 40 credits