What kind of student are you?
- New Student: I am a first-time college student and wish to enroll in a degree, diploma or certificate program.
- Transfer Student: I have earned college-level course credits and wish to transfer into a degree, diploma or certificate program.
- Undeclared Student: I wish to take courses without pursuing a degree, diploma or certificate. I understand that as an undeclared student I am limited to 11 or fewer credits per semester.
Note: New students pursuing a degree, diploma or certificate by taking courses part-time (11 or fewer credits per semester) should proceed to the Admissions Checklist.
- PSEO Student: I am home-schooled, or a high school junior or senior,and wish to take college-level courses for credit.
- Continuing Education Student: I wish to take noncredit courses for training purposes or professional development.
- Online Student: I am a busy, working adult and wish to take courses online.
- International Student: I am not a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. I wish to attend DCTC on a student visa.
- Four-Year Degrees at DCTC: I am interested in the partnership DCTC has with Southwest Minnesota State University to offer four-year degrees at DCTC's campus.
- Life/work experience: Are you 25 years or older and have significant life/work experience
Getting Started at DCTC
Ready to apply for admission to DCTC? Review the Admissions Checklist and start your academic journey today!
Check important dates for the 2012–2013 academic year, including summer session and fall and spring semester. Keep your education on track.
See what courses we offer and get the data to get enrolled. Because we know that you live a busy schedule, we built flexibility into the system.
Our Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid shows you the money via financial aid, loans, scholarships and student employment. Learn how much your education will cost at Tuition & Fees.
Our classrooms, labs and shops are where the rubber meets the road. Your education depends on the quality of your instruction—and our instructors are the best in the business. Our programs are geared toward rewarding employment—and our graduates experience a 94 percent placement rate in the field of their dreams.
Register as an undeclared student if you don't have a degree in mind and just wish to take a course or two. Register online if you've completed the Admissions Checklist, been accepted to the college and attended a Course Advising & Registration session.
Because college is more than attending class and hitting the books, our Student Life program features a wide variety of clubs and organizations to enhance and enliven your academic experience. If you love sports, check out the Blue Knights. If you're interested in leadership, check out our Student Senate. There's something for everyone at DCTC.
Check out our college—its programs, its facilities and its people—during a Tuesday Campus Visit and learn everything you need to get your academic career on target at DCTC.
At Dakota County Technical College, we deliver cutting-edge training in courses that anticipate the shifting needs of the marketplace.
We offer more than 50 academic programs at our main Rosemount campus plus our IT Training Center in Eagan.
Backed by a wealth of industry experience, our faculty make sure that our students gain the knowledge they need to achieve their career goals and make it happen!
- Student Services
- Special Hours - January 6 – 10
7 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Monday, Jan. 6
7 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Tuesday, Jan. 7 through Thursday, Jan. 9
7 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Friday, Jan. 10
- Regular Hours
7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Friday