High School Students - PSEO
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO)
The Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Program is the program established by Minnesota State Statutes 124D.09 to "promote rigorous educational pursuits and provide a wider variety of options for students." Through PSEO, 10th, 11th and 12th grade high school students may earn both secondary and postsecondary credit for college or university courses completed on a college or university campus, at a high school, or at another location. Dakota County Technical College gladly participates in the PSEO program and offers the following information to further explain this wonderful opportunity.
- PSEO students are encouraged (but not required) to meet with a DCTC Admissions or Enrollment Advisor prior to applying. Contact Student Services at 651-423-8000.
- PSEO students will be enrolled on a space-available basis and/or if they meet the required course pre-requisites. There are some programs and courses that are NOT available to PSEO students.
- PSEO students are expected to meet the DCTC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress measures of 2.0 GPA and completion of 67% of enrolled courses.
- PSEO students cannot take developmental education courses (typically those numbered below 1000). Students with an IEP and/or have a disability should contact Disability Support Services at 651-423-8469.
- 10th Grade PSEO students can only take ONE career or technical education course during their first semester. If the student receives a grade of C or better in the course, the student shall be allowed to take additional career or technical education courses in subsequent terms.
- 11th and 12th Grade PSEO students can be full or part-time students at DCTC depending upon their high school schedule.
- PSEO students are not charged for tuition, books or lab fees, but they are required to pay for non-consumable tools and equipment.
- Text books are available to PSEO students from the DCTC Bookstore at least one week prior to the start of classes. These books must be returned to the Bookstore at the end of the semester.
- The PSEO program is not available during summer session.
- PSEO students are required to attend their DCTC classes even if their high school is not in session.
- June 1st for the Fall Semester start (classes begin in late August)
- December 1st for the Spring Semester start (classes begin in early January)
- Must be attending a Minnesota public high school
- Must have passed the 8th Grade Reading Minnesota Comprehensive Assessment (MCA) with a “Meets the Standards” indicator
- Must rank in the upper third of their junior class OR have a composite score of 24 or higher on the ACT
- Must rank in the upper half of their senior class OR have a composite score of 21 or higher on the ACT
- Submit the PSEO Application for Admission
- Submit a high school transcript
- Submit the Notice of Student Registration Form
- Submit MCA Reading Result (10th graders only) OR ACT Scores (11th and 12th graders who do not meet the class rank qualifier)
- 11th and 12th graders must take the ACCUPLACER Test
- Submit the Immunization Form (home-schooled students only)
- Complete admissions requirements by June 1st for Fall Semester and December 1st for Spring Semester
- Student Services
- Special Hours - January 6 – 10
7 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Monday, Jan. 6
7 a.m. – 6 p.m. – Tuesday, Jan. 7 through Thursday, Jan. 9
7 a.m. – 4 p.m. – Friday, Jan. 10
- Regular Hours
7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Friday