Job Title: DCTC Career Services Assistant - Mornings
The Career Services office serves students and alumni, while supporting faculty, staff, employers, and the surrounding communities.
Following are key areas of you may educate visitors to the Career Center about:
- Assisting prospective/current/past students on career exploration and transitions
- Career Services offering typical job-seeking assistance for student employment on- and off-campus (i.e., resume reviews, social media, job search strategies, college transfer exploration, salary negotiation)
- Career-related workshops and events including helping with about 6 fairs during school year; Outreach and special assistance with Student Life Clubs and in classrooms
- Approving Employer accounts and job postings in the recruitment website, College Central Network
- Completing data collection on the DCTC Graduate Follow-Up Survey
- Maintain key reception responsibilities and may serve as appointment setter that involve employers, faculty, staff, and students
- Administration and data entry related to student front end services, including contact management, student/alumni recruitment system, resources, and office processes
- Assist with event coordination and participate in relevant career services activities, as appropriate and able
- One position may have Graphic Design activities and other computer related expertise to develop your portfolio
Additional Job Duties:
- May assist with outreach activities and partnering with various campus departments to support initiatives and events
- Assist with special projects that may involve alumni relations and/or other data management
- Other duties as assigned
Student Employee Expectations:
- Be accountable, exhibit strong work ethic, and ability to work well independently
- Be respectful and professional at all times
- Be a positive representative of DCTC and display exceptional customer service with strong English fluency
- Ensure confidentiality, according to relevant policies governing this position (training provided)
- Professional business communication skills or aptitude with excitement to develop: email, phone, and face to face
- Moderate computer skill level with aptitude for and interest in developing technical abilities
- Strong customer service skills
Thank you for reviewing a position with a valuable office to support our students.
ONLY 1 APPLICATION Needed for Student Employment if Pursuing Multiple Positions in a Brief Time Period.
Fill out Student Employment Application
Your eligibility for financial aid funding will be verified and you'll be contacted afterward about openings.
While in courses, student employees should not exceed 20 hours per week in position.
Work Schedule: Office open Monday – Friday from 8:00 or 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. Hours vary based on student employee's availability and other workers' schedules. Particularly, need an employee in the morning daily.
Pay Rate: $10/hour
Number of Positions: 1-2
Hours Per Week: Varies