Job Title: DCTC Student Ambassador - Event Planning & Promotion
DESCRIPTION: Student Ambassadors promote campus activities, clubs, and organizations; create connections with students, staff, and faculty; and assist with college recruitment and retention.
Primary Job Duties:
- Serve on the Activities Committee and assist with planning and coordinating Student Life activities.
- Work with the Student Senate Vice President to support Student Senate activities.
- Assist with campus-wide events.
- Serve on the Outreach Committee and assist with promotion of all Student Life activities.
- Promote Student Life events and activities to the campus community.
- Establish a working relationship with Student Senate members.
- Assist at welcome days.
Additional Job Duties:
- Provide campus tours to prospective students and their families.
- Serve as a liaison to academic department areas to create connections with the students and faculty in that area, and promote Student Life activities and college resources.
- Provide support to the Student Services, Career Services, Student Success, and athletic departments and Wellness Center as needed.
- Support the daily operation of the Student Life Center.
- Assist with student retention by reaching out to current students to connect them to Student Life opportunities and college resources.
- Work with prospective students at Tuesday Campus Visits.
- Promote Student Life activities and connect with students at Student Orientation & Registration Sessions.
- Assist DCTC staff with college recruitment by attending high school visits and community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Student Worker Expectations (2.5 minimum GPA):
- Be accountable.
- Be respectful and professional at all times.
- Be a positive representative of DCTC and display exceptional customer service
- Lead by example.
If applicable, your eligibility for financial aid funding will be verified. There may be limited funding for positions open to legal residents and international students with eligibility to work. While in courses, student employees should not exceed 20 hours per week in position.
ONLY 1 APPLICATION Needed for Student Employment if Pursuing Multiple Positions in a Brief Time Period.
1. Submit your Student Ambassador application.
2. Submit your Student Employment application and supporting information.
Work Schedule: Varies with business hours and student schedules and that of peer Ambassadors.
Pay Rate: $10/hour
Number of Positions: Varies - Contact Anna
Hours Per Week: Varies