Job Title: DCTC Student Ambassador - Recruitment & Retention
Primary Job Duties:
- Promote Student Life activities and connect with students at Student Orientation & Registration Sessions.
- Work with prospective students at Tuesday Campus Visits.
- Assist at welcome days.
- Serve on the Outreach Committee and assist with promotion of all Student Life activities.
- Provide campus tours to prospective students and their families.
- Promote Student Life events and activities to the campus community.
- Assist with student retention by reaching out to current students to connect them to Student Life opportunities and college resources.
- Serve as a liaison to academic department areas to create connections with the students and faculty in that area, and promote Student Life activities and college resources.
- Assist DCTC staff with college recruitment by attending high school visits and community events.
Additional Job Duties:
- Support the daily operation of the Student Life Center.
- Assist with campus-wide events.
- Establish a working relationship with Student Senate members.
- Serve on the Activities Committee and assist with planning and coordinating Student Life activities.
- Work with the Student Senate Campus Liaison and attend club and organization meetings.
- Provide support to the Student Services, Career Services, Student Success departments and Wellness Center as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Student Worker Expectations (2.5 minimum GPA):
- Be accountable.
- Be respectful and professional at all times.
- Be a positive representative of DCTC and display exceptional customer service
- Lead by example.
If applicable, your eligibility for financial aid funding will be verified. There may be limited funding for positions open to legal residents and international students with eligibility to work. While in courses, student employees should not exceed 20 hours per week in position.
ONLY 1 APPLICATION Needed for Student Employment if Pursuing Multiple Positions in a Brief Time Period.
1. Submit your Student Ambassador application.
2. Submit your Student Employment application and supporting information.
Work Schedule: Varies with business hours along with student's schedules and that of other Ambassadors.
Pay Rate: $10/hour
Number of Positions: Varies - Contact Anna
Hours Per Week: Varies