Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- A "Safe Harbor" deposit is made by setting up a payment plan through Nelnet/FACTS e-cashier (Note: Sign up before tuition is due with no down payment!).
- A valid ISIR on file that is created upon filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA).
- An approved Third-Party Vendor Authorization in the tuition office.
- Have VA Benefits – check with Kerry Lurken in the Financial Aid Department.
- Yes — Registration is NEVER dependent upon receipt of Financial Aid. This is an approved deferment and your classes will not be dropped. If your plans change and you will not be attending DCTC it is the student's responsibility to drop their classes.
- There are many factors that play into the drop for non-payment process. If you do not plan to attend classes you must follow the proper drop procedures to drop your courses. Remember, non-attendance does not constitute a drop.
- We DO NOT mail statements prior to the tuition due date and ask that students monitor and manage their accounts through the e-Services Web Portal. Failure to check your account does not release you from your financial obligation to Dakota County Technical College. You may contact the tuition office for additional information.
- If DCTC has valid results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) on record, you will not be dropped from your courses. Make sure to complete your financial aid record and apply for any loans. You will need to pay any unpaid balance either in full or by setting up a payment plan through Nelnet/FACTS e-cashier.
- You must pay all outstanding charges in full before you will be allowed to register for courses for future semesters.
- You did not have an approved deferment in place at the time our drop for nonpayment process was run.
- No — Security concerns prevent us from taking credit card payments over the telephone.
- You can pay tuition in full via your e-Services Web Portal.
- Tuition can be paid in full at the cashier window on campus with cash, check or credit card.
- Tuition window hours are M-F 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (Please verify Summer/Holiday hours on the DCTC website.) After hours tuition payments may be put in the secure tuition box located in the hallway outside tuition window #2. Envelopes are provided for your convenience. Be sure to include your student ID# and telephone number with your payment.
- You can see when financial aid will be disbursed to your account via your financial aid information on the e-Services Web Portal. However, overage disbursements take 5-7 days after aid has been applied to your account to be disbursed via your refund choice on your "My DCTC card".
Tuition Payment Window Hours
- Regular Hours
8 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday
7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Friday