The DCTC Chess Club welcomes novices and experts alike while providing a way for everyone to learn the game, improve their play, develop new strategies and engage in friendly competition. Membership is open to all currently enrolled DCTC students.
Chess Research and Benefits
- Teacher's Guide: Research and Benefits of Chess
by Dr. Robert C. Ferguson
Frequently Asked Questions
- Chess club provides opportunities to develop fresh tactics and strategies, enhance your game or style of play, and compete against players from DCTC or other schools.
- No, Chess Club welcomes anyone with an interest in chess. Our club provides numerous opportunities to play and learn the game.
- Chess Club holds an interclub tournament at the end of each month. We are working to set up tournaments with other schools and have plans to join the Minnesota State Chess Association.
- Chess Club owns 10 chessboards and plans to purchase more as the club grows.
- Chess Club meets every Monday from 4:30 to 6 p.m. in the central commons.
Upcoming Chess Club Events
Nov25Turkey Coloring Contest Submission Deadline
Tuesday, Nov. 25 | 12:00 p.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Nov26Chess Club Meeting
Wednesday, Nov. 26 | 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Dec2Be The Match
Tuesday, Dec. 2 | 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Dec3Be The Match
Wednesday, Dec. 3 | 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Dec3What Employers Want: The Soft-Skills You Need to Succeed!
Wednesday, Dec. 3 | 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Dec3Chess Club Meeting
Wednesday, Dec. 3 | 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Dec3Feed My Starving Children
Wednesday, Dec. 3 | 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Dec. 10 | 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Dec10Chess Club Meeting
Wednesday, Dec. 10 | 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Dec17Chess Club Meeting
Wednesday, Dec. 17 | 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Jan14Chess Club Meeting
Wednesday, Jan. 14 | 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Jan21Chess Club Meeting
Wednesday, Jan. 21 | 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.