Student Senate Executive Board
The Student Senate is the official voice of students on campus. The Student Senate is involved in many decisions made on campus, including tuition increases, graduation planning and college activities. The Student Senate can also initiate projects for campus improvement. All students are encouraged to participate in the Student Senate.
Visit "Student Senate" on Facebook
DCTC Student Senate Subcommittees
- Activities Committee
Chaired by the vice president, the Activities Committee plans and coordinates campus activities and events sponsored by the Student Senate. Events include blood drives, Card Your Valentine, winter and spring parties, Grad Blast, and more!
- Student Life Committee
Chaired by the president of the Student Senate and the director of Student Life, the Student Life Committee studies and makes recommendations to the Student Senate on issues related to funding, including tuition increases and club funding requests.
- Outreach Committee
Chaired by the campus liaison, the Outreach Committee works to promote Student Life to the DCTC community, and on Student Life retention efforts. It is the goal of the Outreach Committee to create a stronger community among DCTC students, faculty, and staff.
Student Senate Mission
- Represent all DCTC students.
- Serve as student body voice with state legislature and other governing bodies.
- Work with college administration and faculty to promote high quality education.
- Advance cooperation between students and the community.
- Increase scholastic interest and achievement.
- Organize, maintain and energize activities within the student community.
- Encourage students to participate in other organizations related to their fields of study.
- Inspire and support student understanding and participation in citizenship activities.
- Serve as official DCTC representative with the Minnesota State College Student Association (MSCSA).
Student Senate Forms
- Student Senate By-Laws
- Online Student Senate Nomination Form
Nominate yourself or someone you know to be a student senator!
Student Life Forms
- Clubs and Organizations Guide
An invaluable resource for both advisors and members.
- Provisional Club Application/Advisor & Club Responsibilities
A form for new organizations and student clubs wishing permanent status, which opens the way to request funding from the Student Senate.
- Student Life Budget Request and Annual Report
Due March 1 of each fiscal year, existing clubs use this form to secure funds for the upcoming year. The Student Senate also reviews club accomplishments from the previous year.
- Special Circumstance
Used for non-club-related activities such as fieldtrips to request money from Student Life. It is used for special budget requests for sanctioned clubs, and is due March 1.
Visit the Student Life blog for Student Senate meeting Minutes.
- Student Senate Office
- Student Life Center
- Room 1–300
Upcoming Student Senate Events
Feb3Student Senate Social
Tuesday, Feb. 3 | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Feb4Student Senate Meeting
Wednesday, Feb. 4 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Feb11Valentines's Day Activity
Wednesday, Feb. 11 | 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Feb12Understanding Your Club's Budget
Thursday, Feb. 12 | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Feb18Student Senate Meeting
Wednesday, Feb. 18 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 26 | 7:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Mar2Club Funding Request Deadline
Monday, Mar. 2 | 4:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Mar4Student Senate Meeting
Wednesday, Mar. 4 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Mar25Student Senate Meeting
Wednesday, Mar. 25 | 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.