Certified Manager Test Prep
Certified Manager (CM) Test Prep Course
This three-course Certified Manager Test Prep program at Dakota County Technical College will sharpen your management skills and prepare you to take the CM assessment exams that lead to your Certified Manager (CM) certification. Sponsored by the Institute of Certified Professional Managers, the CM program prepares managers to meet challenges related to technology, globalization, workplace diversity, and more. Managers in all fields and in all industries are candidates for CM certification. Also, students enrolled without business experience may apply as Associate CMs.
The course content blends the traditional management skills of planning, leading, organizing, and controlling with a strong focus on interpersonal skills. Managers will benefit from increased knowledge, self-confidence, and employer recognition, as well as enhanced career opportunities. These courses can be offered for credit or non-credit scheduled and customized to be offered on campus, at your place of business, or online facilitator led.
- SMGT2001 Management Skills I: Foundations of Management | 3 credits
- SMGT2002 Management Skills II: Planning and Organization | 3 credits
- SMGT2003 Management Skills III: Leading and Controlling | 3 credits
- Applicants must meet CM Eligibility Standards for education and experience.
- ICPM charges separately for each examination and has a non-refundable application fee.