Transportation & Safety
How May We Help You?
Dakota County Technical College Transportation Program has been a leader in training for over 20 years, producing safe, competent and employable operators in a efficient manner. We continually strive to bring up-to-date and innovative training programs to address the current and future needs of the various agencies and corporations that we serve.
Many of our standard course offerings can be adapted to meet your requirements or we can design and develop a new course just for your agency. If the posted dates and times do not meet your needs, please call and we will customize a schedule just for you.
- Customized courses for any agency or unit's specific needs
- Flexible scheduling, and group training available
- Classroom discussions
- Practical experience with hands-on learning opportunities
- Scenario-based training exercises
- Industry expert instructors
- Many general, advanced and topic specific courses
When riding a motorcycle, the staggered riding formation allows a proper space cushion between motorcycles so that each rider has enough time to maneuver and to react to hazards.
- Accident Avoidance
- Class A CDL Truck Driver Training
- Class B CDL Truck & Bus Driver Training
- Corporate Truck Driver Training
- Defensive Driving
- Fire Truck and Ambulance Operator Training
- School Bus and Motor Coach Operator Training
- Snow Plow Operator Training
- Utility Truck Operator Training
- Forklift Operation
- Heavy Equipment Operation
- Law Enforcement
- Motorcycle Safety
- Railroad Conductor
- Vehicle Certification
Customized Corporate Solutions
Access more information, including instructor bios, featured courses, testimonials, and more.
Minneapolis Fire Department
Minnesota Motorcycle Safety Center
Minnesota State Patrol
and many more
“The St. Paul Police Department is glad to have DCTC as a training partner. We have found the staff to be professional and knowledgeable. The facility is easy to use and maintained very well. Our training needs have always been fulfilled to the best of anyone’s ability. I sincerely hope that our working relationship grows over the course of time.”
— Terry Erdman, Unit Sergeant, St. Paul Police Department Training