Class A CDL Training
Class A CDL Basic Training and Refresher Course
This 40-hour course provides basic Class A CDL training to prepare students to pass the Class A CDL driving test. It is designed for students who wish to obtain a Class A CDL, or for Class A CDL drivers seeking refresher training. This is not recommended as entry level training.
- Manual transmission Class A truck
- Scheduled license exam and driving test with a professional instructor
- Individual attention with student to instructor ratio of 4 to 1
- $1,150 includes up to two tests at the license exam station
License fees payable at the license exam station the day of testing
$150 fee if a third test is needed (students may only test three times)
- Class A CDL permit or licence
To obtain your permit you must take a general knowledge test, which includes questions from the Minnesota Commercial Driver's Manual. Free practice tests are available. To find a testing location, view Minnesota Driver & Vehicle office locations. After you pass the knowledge test, you may apply for your permit. You must have a Class A CDL permit or licence before you register.
- DOT physical exam and pre-employment drug screen
Contact your doctor or clinic to see if they provide these services, or contact Twin Cities Occupational Health & Rehabilitation in Mendota Heights at 651-224-8264 to schedule an appointment. DCTC students receive a discount.
- Course will be offered periodically as needed, start dates to be determined.
- Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis, with a limit of four students per session.