If you are 18 or older and you want to obtain your motorcycle endorsement, you must have a motorcycle permit prior to attending the course. Wisconsin residents do NOT need a permit to earn their endorsements. After you have taken the Basic Rider course everyone is issued a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) completion card.
Dakota County Technical College has partnered with the Minnesota Motorcycle Safety Center (MMSC), Driver and Vehicle Service (a division of the Minnesota Department of Public Safety), Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, and community and Corporate sponsors to provide one of the most comprehensive safety programs in the world. MMSC and DCTC are committed to reducing motorcycle crashes, injuries, and fatalities.
- Basic Rider Course | 14.5 hours
- Basic Rider Course 2 (BRC2) | 5 hours
- Road Guard Course | 3 hours
- Motorized Bicycle (Moped) Training Course | 4.5 hours
- Motorcycle Refresher Course | 3 hours
Contact one of the representatives below for registration information.
- DCTC 2015 Road Guard Schedule
- Road Guard Certificate Application
- Motorcycle, Motorized Bicycle (Moped) and Electric-Assisted Bicycle Manual
Due to the vast number of registrations for these courses, you will be allowed to reschedule your course date once without forfeiting your tuition. To cancel or reschedule a course, you must call 651-423-8027 five days prior to class. There will be no refunds for late cancelations or "No Shows."
Customized Corporate Solutions