Commitment to Student Success
Our college is committed to the success of our students. As a way to strengthen that commitment, DCTC has established a testing tool to assess the academic readiness of students pursuing a program of study or seeking to take certain courses. That assessment tool is called ACCUPLACER, formerly known as CPT.
What is ACCUPLACER?
- ACCUPLACER is a standardized assessment of a student's reading, sentence and arithmetic skills. Test results help students select courses while allowing our staff to develop appropriate plans for a student's academic support.
- ACCUPLACER results do NOT affect admission to DCTC—unless the tested student lacks a high school diploma or GED.
ACCUPLACER Testing Schedule
Summer 2014 Schedule
|May 21 – August 22||Walk-in Testing (No Appointment Necessary)|
|Mondays – Thursdays||8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
No Testing on Monday, May 26 (college closed)
|Fridays||9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
No Testing on Friday, July 4 (college closed)
By Appointment Only Schedule
|May 21 – August 22||By Appointment Only (Must be made at least 1 day in advance)|
|Mon. June 9 and Tues. June 24 (Evenings 4 – 6 p.m.)
Wed. July 9, Wed. July 16, and Thurs., July 24 (Evenings 4 – 6 p.m.)
Tues. Aug. 5, Tues. Aug. 12 and Wed. Aug. 20 (Evenings 4 – 6 p.m.)
Sat. Aug. 16 (Morning 8 – 11 a.m.)
Appointments are required for the schedule above and must be made at least one day prior to the test date desired. Appointments must be made between the hours posted. Contact Patrick Lair, Director of Student Success at firstname.lastname@example.org OR 651-423-8399.
The retest policy allows students to retake all or parts of the ACCUPLACER at least two weeks after original test session. A student can retest only once in a 6 month period. Students retesting at DCTC must pay a $5 retest fee at the Tuition Office before taking the test.
DCTC may consider waiving the ACCUPLACER test if a student has earned ONE of the following:
- Associate degree, bachelor's degree or a graduate degree; student must provide official college transcript.
- Completed college-level English and math coursework, but lack degree; student must provide official college transcript.
- ACT scores of 18 in English, 21 in Reading, and 22 in Math; student must provide official ACT scores that are less than three years old for English and Reading and less than two years old for Math.
- Previously completed ACCUPLACER; student must provide scores that are less than three years old.
Admission to certain programs requires minimum testing standards. ACCUPLACER results help determine placement in appropriate courses. Students are encouraged to speak with an academic advisor to determine how ACCUPLACER results may affect program or course selection.
The retest policy allows students to retake all or parts of the ACCUPLACER at least two weeks after original test session. A student can retest ONLY once in a 6 month period. Students retesting at DCTC must pay a $5 retest fee at the Tuition Office before taking the test.
Students requiring accommodations due to documented disabilities should contact the test administrator or disabilities services advisor before taking the ACCUPLACER test for the first time.