Career Services at DCTC helps students and alumni develop, evaluate and implement their career plans. Career Services achieves three main objectives:
- Provides students with the knowledge, skills and resources needed to accomplish their career development and job search goals.
- Educates students on career options.
- Encourages students to take the initiative.
We meet our objectives through the following services:
- One-on-one help with developing job search skills, writing résumés, composing cover and thank-you letters, networking, and interviewing.
- Assistance in career planning for individuals who are unsure about their career path or college major; career assessments available for a nominal fee.
- Workshops and group presentations on job seeking and career planning.
- Current data regarding job placement percentages and starting salaries for DCTC graduates.
- Arrangements made with employers for on-campus student recruitment for a variety of full-time and part-time jobs. Employer weekday visits are scheduled throughout the school year.
- Current college work-study position postings. Students interested in working on campus in a work-study capacity must complete an application and turn it in to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid. Visit Student Employment for more information.
We augment our services with the following resources:
- Job leads provided by employers wishing to hire DCTC students and graduates for part-time and full-time positions
- Free handouts on résumé writing, job seeking skills, interviewing, networking and other career-related activities
- Library of self-help books and materials related to career development, job seeking and locating employers
Online Graduate Follow-Up Survey
Enter for a chance to win a $50 Target gift card!
You must be an official 2013 or 2014 DCTC graduate of a certificate, diploma or associate’s degree to complete the survey and be entered into the drawing.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Completed entries must be submitted by midnight, May 30, 2014.
- Take Online Graduate Follow-Up Survey
- Toll free: 1-877-937-3282 ext.450
- Call for Appointment