Career Services at DCTC helps students and alumni develop, evaluate and implement their career plans. Career Services achieves three main objectives:
- Provides students with the knowledge, skills and resources needed to accomplish their career development and job search goals.
- Educates students on career options.
- Encourages students to take initiative.
We meet our objectives through the following services:
- Provide job search strategies, résumé writing, cover and thank-you letter composition, networking, and interviewing resources.
- Workshops and group presentations on job seeking and career planning.
- Access to hundreds of job and internship opportunities, resources and handouts for your job search needs through DCTC's College Central Network.
- Current data regarding job placement percentages and starting salaries for DCTC graduates.
- Arrangements made with employers for on-campus student recruitment for a variety of full-time and part-time jobs. Employer weekday visits are scheduled throughout the school year.
- On campus jobs are not part of Career Services, however you may view available work study job openings on DCTC's College Central Network. Student Employment for more information. Students interested in working on campus in a work-study capacity must complete an application and turn it in to the Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid. Visit
Online Graduate Follow-Up Survey
Enter for a chance to win a $50 Target gift card!
You must be an official 2013 or 2014 DCTC graduate of a certificate, diploma or associate’s degree to complete the survey and be entered into the drawing.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Completed entries must be submitted by midnight, June 20, 2014.
- Take Online Graduate Follow-Up Survey
- Career Services
Beginning fall semester, résumé critiques will be available for students at the following locations and times. Please bring a rough draft of your résumé with you. Tools to prepare your rough draft can be found on www.collegecentral.com/dctc.
- Center for Experiential Learning, Room 2-202
Mondays: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesdays: 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.