Career Services at DCTC helps students and alumni develop, evaluate and implement their career plans. Career Services achieves three main objectives:
- Provides students with the knowledge, skills and resources needed to accomplish their career development and job search goals.
- Educates students on career options.
- Encourages students to take initiative.
We meet our objectives through the following services:
Job Search Resources
- Career One Stop | Find Your State Job Bank
- Career Builder
- College Recruiter
- Hennepin County | Job Opportunities
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- StarTribune.com | Career Management
- NursingJobs.us | Nursing Jobs in MN
Resume Writing/Cover Letters
- Resumes and Cover Letters Guide DCTC Career Services
- University of Minnesota ResumeTutor!
- The Riley Guide: Resumes & Cover Letters
- Florida State University Writing Effective Letters
- Quintessential Careers Cover Letter Resources for Job-Seekers
Women in IT
Job Search Preparation
- Big Interview: Online mock interview tool
- The Interview Guide DCTC Career Services
- The Riley Guide: Network, Interview, & Negotiate
- Interview1 Quiz
Career Exploration & Planning
What is College Central Jobs?
College Central Jobs is Dakota County Technical College's online recruiting system that allows current students, graduates and employers more options and flexibility than ever before!
Students and Graduates
Students and graduates can search for jobs online, upload application documents, and apply for jobs online.
How to Register
- Go to College Central Jobs
- Click on students/alumni
- Complete your profile information.
- Click on submit
- You will receive an email to confirm your email address
- Search for jobs!
College Central Jobs offers employers the opportunity to post jobs, review resumes and receive applications online.
Online Graduate Follow-Up Survey
I'm a recent graduate. Why should I complete the Graduate Follow-Up Survey?
Responding to the Graduate Follow-Up Survey provides feedback for Career Services, academic departments and DCTC. This feedback allows us to determine changes in the job market and where alumni go after graduation. The information you provide is CONFIDENTIAL — results are not published in a personally identifiable manner. We appreciate you taking a moment to complete the survey.
- Career Services
Beginning fall semester, résumé critiques will be available for students at the following locations and times. Please bring a rough draft of your résumé with you. Tools to prepare your rough draft can be found on www.collegecentral.com/inverdctc.
- Center for Experiential Learning, Room 2-202
Wednesdays: 12 - 2 p.m.
Thursdays: 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.