If you are unable to visit the Writing Center in person, you can still get help with your work online.
Submit your writing assignment for review as an e-mail attachment sent to email@example.com
Include the following in your e-mail:
- Your written work as an attached Microsoft Word file, which is a file with a .doc extension. Don't cut and paste your work as text in the body of the e-mail.
- Complete description of the assignment. If you're taking an online course, send the assignment description as an attachment, or cut and paste as text in the body of the e-mail.
- Specific questions or concerns that you have about your work, e.g., organization, structure, presentation of examples, explanations, documentation, grammar or punctuation. Type your concerns into the body of the e-mail.
- A note identifying the section of your writing that requires comment from a tutor. Limit the section to one page maximum.
- The course title and your instructor's name.
- Your full name and Student ID Number.
You might have to wait a couple days for a response requested via e-mail. Don't wait until a day or two before your due date to submit a writing assignment for assistance.