The Beauty of Green @DCTC
Dakota County Technical College is committed to advancing sustainable campus operations that protect the environment and conserve natural resources while creating a collegiate environment conducive to teaching, learning and community involvement.
The DCTC Operations department is a driving force behind green practices that save money and reduce energy usage on the college's main campus in Rosemount, Minn. Operations personnel conduct a wide range of remodeling, renovation and construction projects in-house using green materials and energy-saving technology wherever and whenever possible.
Learn more about the new, more robust recycling program being implemented at DCTC.
Common Green Darner (Anax junius), a regular visitor to the DCTC Rosemount campus
Green Thumbs Up
DCTC sustainability accomplishments and objectives
- DCTC recycling program
- LEED Silver Certification a working goal for college construction projects
- Energy Emissions Inventory and Baseline Determination Report completed by TKDA engineers (see below)
- Energy Analysis completed Edward H. Cook & Associates, P.A. (see below)
- LEED for Existing Buildings under review for possible implementation
- Campus-wide recycling program implemented following baseline study of monthly campus trash generation
- Occupancy sensors and lighting controls installed
- Energy management system updated
- New green purchasing guidelines implemented
- 100 percent postconsumer recycled paper towels and toilet paper provided throughout main campus building
- Photovoltaic panels provided electricity for press box and concession area at Ames Soccer Complex
- LEED Accredited Professionals on campus
- U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) student chapter on campus
Prairie Wildflower Restoration Area on DCTC Rosemount campus
Community in the Loop