Friday, May 13, 2022 @ 7 p.m.
9301 Eden Prairie Road
Eden Prairie, MN 55347
6:00 p.m. – Graduate Line-up begins (all students must be lined up by 6:25)
6:15 p.m. – Faculty Line-up begins
7:00 p.m. – Processional / Ceremony Begins
8:30 p.m. – Approximate End of Ceremony
Directions & Parking
Maps and driving directions are available in Student Services, Student Life, or by visiting Grace Church’s web site. Parking is free.
Where to go when you arrive at Grace
Graduates – Enter through Door 4, go down the stairs on the right and follow the signs to the graduate check in station.
Faculty – Enter through Door 1, go to the left and follow the hallway to M150, and check-in.
Volunteers – Enter through Door 4, and check in at the volunteer table located in the lobby.
Stage Party & VIP’s – Enter through Door 4.
Guests – enter through Door 1 or Door 4 (Auditorium doors will open at 6:00 p.m. for seating).
Prior to the ceremony, light refreshments will be available for purchase at the Grace Café located between the main entrances to the auditorium. The café will close shortly after the ceremony begins. Food is not permitted in the auditorium.
Guests & Invitations
There is no limit to the number of guests a graduate can bring and guests do not need tickets.
Commencement Instructions for Graduates
- Graduate line-up begins at 6 p.m.
- Graduates enter through doors 1 or 4 and follow signs directing to graduate line-up/check in.
- Check in, receive your name card and Alumni Association graduation gift, and have your name written on your card phonetically if needed.
- Graduating veterans, service members, and dependents will receive a challenge coin.
- Find your program sign and line up.
- All graduates MUST be in line by 6:25 p.m.
- Graduates MUST follow instructions of the ushers and graduation staff in the line-up room, processional, and recessional.
Ceremony Instructions for Graduates
- Check in with the name readers table to have them practice reading your name.
- Find your program sign in the line-up area. You must be lined up by 6:25 p.m.
- The Tassel should be worn over your right temple and later moved to the left when directed to do so at the end of the ceremony.
- The processional will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. You will be guided into your row by the DCTC ushers.
- REMAIN STANDING UNTIL ALL GRADUATES HAVE ENTERED.
- When it is time to receive your diploma, the ushers will dismiss your row and guide you to the right side of the stage.
- BRING YOUR NAME CARD WITH YOU. You will hand your card to the reader who will announce your name as you cross the stage. There will be staff with extra cards before you cross the stage if you misplace yours.
- As you cross the stage, you will be given a scroll. Your actual certificate, diploma or degree will be mailed to you within 10-12 weeks.
- Photography will be provided by Grad Images. GradImages will email graduates after the ceremony and provide the opportunity to purchase photos.
- There is a formal recessional. Follow the DCTC ushers down the center aisle. They will guide you back to the reception area where you can greet your family and friends. CONGRATULATIONS!
Connect with Faculty and Students after the Ceremony
Any students wishing to meet faculty and classmates after the ceremony can meet in the atrium after the completion of the recessional. We encourage faculty to connect with their students prior to the ceremony to coordinate a meeting location.
Commencement Instructions for Faculty
- Faculty line-up begins at 6:15 p.m.
- Faculty enter through door 1 and follow signs directing to faculty line-up (Rooms M150/M152).
Is there a Rehearsal?
DCTC does not have a graduation rehearsal; however, we ask that graduates arrive at Grace Church (allow time for travel and parking) by 6:00 p.m. on May 13. Graduates will check in and receive name cards to verify pronunciation and receive instructions about the processional. Students will be lined up within their program. The line-up has to be complete by 6:25 p.m. so that the ceremony can begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. PLEASE BE ON TIME or risk not being able to sit with your fellow students. Graduates will have reserved seats.
Do I Get My Diploma at graduation?
Whether you are completing a certificate, diploma, or degree program, each graduate will receive a diploma cover when their name is announced and they cross the stage. The actual awards will be mailed to graduates within 10-12 weeks after the graduation ceremony. Those who graduated in December should have already received their award and cover (if not, contact Diane Frandrup in Student Services at 651-423-8254).
DCTC will recognize graduates and faculty who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces at commencement. Veteran honor cords in red, white, and blue are available in the Military and Veterans Service Center at no additional cost. Please bring proof of military service, such as a military ID or a DD214 when picking up the cords. Graduating veterans, service members, and dependents will also receive a challenge coin.
Grad Images will provide photography. Students will receive an email shortly after graduation to purchase photos.
Share Your Achievement on Social Media!
We’ve made Facebook Frames for our graduates! Share your achievement with your circle of friends by adding a frame to your profile picture, or when you use your Facebook Camera for messenger and stories. Not on Facebook? Use the hashtag #DCTCgrad and we will share your post.
Join the DCTC Alumni Association
Visit www.dctc.edu/alumni to join the DCTC Alumni Association and learn about membership benefits.
Registration Office | 651-423-8038 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Life Center | 651-423-8270 | email@example.com
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS QUESTIONS
Patrick Chaussee, Accessibility Services Coordinator | 651-423-8469 | Patrick.firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Webpage and Grad Newsletter
Directions to Grace Church
Join the Alumni Association