Friday, May 12, 2023 @ 7 p.m.
1850 White Bear Avenue North
Maplewood, MN 55109
6 p.m. – Graduate Line-up begins (Check in at the west entrance of Aldrich Arena, no later than 6 p.m.)
6:30 p.m. – Faculty Line-up begins (Please be in regalia and ready to line-up)
7 p.m. – Processional/Ceremony Begins
8:30 p.m. – Approximate End of Ceremony
Directions & Parking
Aldrich Arena offers free parking in the parking lots adjacent to the arena. Please see the arena’s website for more details.
WHERE TO GO WHEN YOU ARRIVE at ALDRICH ARENA
Graduates – please enter the west entrance of the arena and then line-up follow the signs to line up.
Faculty – Enter Aldrich Arena on the east side of the arena (the side opposite White Bear Avenue), go down the stairs on east side of the arena and assemble for line up in the "Team Room" at the bottom of the stairs. There will be signs to identify the space for faculty line up.
Volunteers – Enter the west entrance near the check-in station.
Stage party – Enter Aldrich Arena on the east side of the arena (the side opposite White Bear Avenue), go to the green room to the right of the doors. There will be signs to help identify the space.
Guests – Enter either the west or east entrance. Doors will open at 6 p.m. for audience members.
GUESTS & INVITATIONS
There is no limit to the number of guests a graduate can bring and guests do not need tickets.
COMMENCEMENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR GRADUATES
- Graduates must be checked in by 6:25 p.m.
- Graduates enter through the west entrance and follow signs directing to graduate line-up/check in.
- Check in, receive your name card, and have your name written on your card phonetically if needed.
- Find your program sign and line up within your program area.
- Graduates MUST follow instructions of the ushers and graduation staff in the line-up room, processional, and recessional.
- The Tassel should be worn over your right temple and later moved to the left when directed to do so at the end of the ceremony.
- The processional will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. You will be guided into your row by the ushers.
- REMAIN STANDING UNTIL ALL GRADUATES HAVE ENTERED.
- When it is time to receive your diploma, the ushers will dismiss your row and guide you to the right side of the stage.
- BRING YOUR NAME CARD WITH YOU. You will hand your card to the reader who will announce your name as you cross the stage. There will be staff with extra cards before you cross the stage if you misplace yours.
- As you cross the stage, you will be given a diploma cover. Your actual certificate, diploma or degree will be mailed to you within 10-12 weeks.
- Photography will be provided by Grad Images. GradImages will email graduates after the ceremony and provide the opportunity to purchase photos.
CONNECT WITH FACULTY AND STUDENTS AFTER THE CEREMONY
Any students wishing to meet faculty and classmates after the ceremony can meet on the arena floor after the completion of the recessional. We encourage faculty to connect with their students prior to the ceremony to coordinate a meeting location.
IS THERE A REHEARSAL?
DCTC does not have a graduation rehearsal; however, we ask that graduates arrive at Aldrich Arena (allow time for travel and parking) by 6 p.m. on May 12. Graduates will check in and receive name cards to verify pronunciation and receive instructions about the processional. Students will be lined up within their program. The line-up has to be complete by 6:25 p.m. so that the ceremony can begin promptly at 7 p.m. PLEASE BE ON TIME or risk not being able to sit with your fellow students. Graduates will have reserved seats.
DO I GET MY DIPLOMA AT GRADUATION?
Whether you are completing a certificate, diploma, or degree program, each graduate will receive a diploma cover with scroll when their name is announced and they cross the stage. The actual awards will be mailed to graduates within 10-12 weeks after the graduation ceremony. Those who graduated in December should have already received their award and cover (if not, contact Diane Frandrup in Student Services at 651-423-8254).
DCTC will recognize graduates and faculty who have served or are currently serving in the armed forces at commencement. Veteran honor cords in red, white, and blue are available in the Military and Veterans Service Center at no additional cost. Please bring proof of military service, such as a military ID or a DD214 when picking up the cords. Graduating veterans, service members, and dependents will also receive a challenge coin.
Grad Images will provide photography. Students will receive an email shortly after graduation to purchase photos.
SHARE YOUR ACHIEVEMENT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
We’ve made Facebook Frames for our graduates! Share your achievement with your circle of friends by adding a frame to your profile picture, or when you use your Facebook Camera for messenger and stories. Not on Facebook? Use the hashtag #DCTCgrad and we will share your post.
JOIN THE DCTC ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
Visit www.dctc.edu/alumni to join the DCTC Alumni Association and learn about membership benefits.
Registration Office | 651-423-8038 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Life Center | 651-423-8270 | email@example.com
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS QUESTIONS
Melissa Fletcher, Director of Educational Access & Disability Resources | 651-423-8469 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduation Webpage and Grad Newsletter
Directions to Aldrich Arena
Join the Alumni Association