How to find books needed for courses
- Visit the Bookstore website.
- Click on "Textbooks" at the top of the screen and then select "Order Textbooks" from the drop down.
- Under "Select Term", click on the term you wish to purchase books, followed by the "department" (ex. BIOL), "course number" (ex. 1110), and "section number" (ex. ALL). Click on "add selection" button. Repeat steps for each course.
- Click "get course materials" button.
Take your course schedule directly to the DCTC Bookstore.
Where can books be ordered from?
Dakota County Technical College Bookstore (online or in store):
1300 145th Street East
Rosemount, MN 55068
Feel free to shop around! Other options, but not limited to:
**Be sure correct ISBN number is used when searching for other purchase options, also if the book requires an electronic code please ensure you are shopping for a book that includes a code.
Payment Options for Dakota County Technical College Bookstore
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover)
- Book Voucher (charge books to your student account based on eligibility)
- 3rd Party Voucher (books bill to 3rd party agency based on eligibility)
What is a book voucher and how does it work?
The ability to obtain books and supplies from Dakota County Technical College Bookstore by charging the cost to your student account.
- If your financial aid is awarded, the bookstore voucher is equal to the remaining award amount after tuition & fees, up to a maximum of $1,000.
- If you do not have a financial aid award notification, but you have a FAFSA on file, the Book Voucher is available up to a maximum of $1000.
- If you are a PSEO student you receive a Book Voucher for $800.
- If you are in a NelNet FACTS payment plan you receive a Book Voucher for $350.
Unsure if you are eligible for a book voucher, contact the Bookstore at 651-423-8486.
How do I know if I have a FAFSA on file at the college?
- Log in to Student E-Services using your Star ID and Password
- Click on Financial Aid
- See Financial Aid status (FAFSA received will appear in green). If FAFSA has not been completed "FAFSA: You have not sent your FAFSA results" will appear in blue. Please complete by going to https://studentaid.gov. Check back in Student E-Services 3-5 business days after submission to confirm that it was received by the college.
PSEO students are able to rent their textbooks and materials free of charge through the PSEO program. To ensure that you are able to receive your books before classes you must:
- Register for classes with your PSEO advisor
- Go to the bookstore in person with a photo ID and credit card.
- Tell the bookstore staff you are a PSEO student and complete the PSEO Book contract.
- The bookstore requires that you put a credit card on file. No charges will be assessed to you unless you fail to return books and other materials by the last day of the semester, or if there were damages to the materials that the bookstore would refuse to accept.
- Books must be picked up by the 6th business day of the semester.
- Lastly you must return all textbooks and materials by the last day of the semester or you will be responsible for the cost of the items that were failed to be returned on time in resale conditions.
- Please note that if you are taking classes which use the same book multiple semesters (i.e. Heavy Truck) you need to return the textbooks and materials and the end of each semester and then re-check out the materials for the next semester.
*It is important that as a PSEO student you must return any and all materials and textbooks by the last day of each semester. When in doubt return it.
- Meet with DCTC's Veterans School Certifying Official Janet Lorenzo or Michael Crider in Enrollment Services for Veteran Benefits
- Have courses certified for the semester
- If you want to charge books and you are not already eligible, a special request must be made through Michael Crider (Enrollment Services) & Eric Owusu (Business Office).
NelNet FACTS Payment Plan
If enrolled in a NelNet FACTS Payment Plan, the book voucher is for $350.
Questions regarding to enroll in the Payment Plan please contact Business office at 651-423-8248.
Important Bookstore dates
- Textbooks go on sale 3 weeks prior to semester start
- Book Voucher expires Wednesday of the second week of classes
- 3rd party/military/ PSEO expire Fall- November 1st, Spring- April 1st
- Last day to opt out of direct digital materials charged as course fee: Friday of week 2 of semester
- All materials are eligible for return ONLY during the first five weekdays of the semester**
**Please see Bookstore website for more information about refunds.