Summer start dates: May 19 | June 7 | June 21
View Summer Course Schedule
For your safety, summer classes will be held online or in alternate formats.
Learn more about fall registration
ARE YOU HOME FOR THE SUMMER AND NEED TO TAKE SOME CLASSES FOR TRANSFER CREDIT?
Looking to take courses during the summer to transfer back to your current college or university? You do not need to apply for admission to DCTC. Simply complete the Part-Time Student Registration Form. Once completed, you can email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you with your next steps to register.
ARE YOU A Returning DCTC student or a student at another minnesota state campus?
You do not need to apply for admission at DCTC. All you need to do is log into E-Services with your Star ID and password to register for courses. If you need help with retrieving your StarID or password, please visit: starid.minnstate.edu. Here are the steps to register for classes at DCTC as a Visiting Student:
- Log in to your college's e-Services account for the college you currently attend
- Select "Courses and Registration," then select "Find a Course"
- Select the "Advanced" tab
- By default, your college's name appears next to College/University. Click the "Search Other Institutions" link
- Select Dakota County Technical and click "Set College/University." You will now be able to search and register for classes at DCTC. Be aware that some courses require completion of a prerequisite to register. If a course has a prerequisite, it is listed at the end of the course description.
- Visiting Minnesota State students who register for classes at DCTC will owe tuition at DCTC. To view and pay your bill through your e-Services account, click on "Bills and Payment." DCTC does not mail invoices, and you are responsible for making payment arrangements by the appropriate deadline
- If you need to make changes to your schedule after you register, please be aware of DCTC policies and deadlines pertaining to adding, dropping and withdrawing from classes
- In addition to your e-Services account, you are responsible for activating and utilizing DCTC online student accounts.
ARE YOU Looking to complete a degree, certificate or diploma at dctc?
Most of DCTC's programs, other than Electrical Line Worker, begin in fall or spring semester. Summer is a great time to take general education classes for your degree. You can apply to the college as a “Pre” entrant into your program for summer or start in our Individualized Studies program. You can get started with these options by visiting our Admissions webpage.
Question: How do I retrieve my Star ID and password?
Answer: For Star ID help and password resets, visit: starid.minnstate.edu.
Question: Can I use Financial Aid from my home institution for DCTC courses?
Answer: Yes, if you have remaining aid and your courses count toward your degree. You will need to complete the financial aid consortium agreement.
Question: What is D2L?
Answer: D2L or Desire to Learn or D2L Brightspace is the online classroom software used by Minnesota State. For more information on how to be successful in online classes or to log into D2L, please visit the Online Learning page.