Come Explore your Interests with Discounted Tuition!
If you've ever wanted to learn Entrepreneurship, Photography or Spanish — among many other intriguing subjects — check out all the great courses Dakota County Technical College has to offer.
- Minnesota resident senior citizens, 62 years of age or older, may enroll in credit courses on a space-available basis beginning on the second day of the term. Seniors must self-identify and provide proof of age at the Records Office.
- Senior citizens enrolled in credit courses are not charged for tuition, but are charged an administrative fee of $20 per credit in addition to regular and special fees, including but not limited to per-credit Technology, parking, health and MSCSA fees.
- Senior Citizens must have reached the applicable age of 62 before the beginning of the term to be eligible for the Senior Citizen rate.
- Senior citizens wishing to guarantee their enrollment in a course may register earlier, but will be required to pay full tuition and fees.
- Senior Citizen who register for courses prior to the second day of the term are charged at the regular tuition rate. Courses may not be subsequently dropped and re-added to receive the senior rate.
- Closed enrollment contract training, courses designed and offered specifically and exclusively for senior citizens, or professional continuing education courses are not eligible for a free/or reduced rate.
- Senior Citizens are responsible for additional materials or textbooks, all course-associated fees and tools/equipment
Minnesota resident senior citizens are not charged tuition when auditing a credit course. This means attending but not earning college credit – there is no administration fee. Auditing students will be charged for parking, health, and course fees. You may request to audit a course by completing the “Alternative Grading Form” and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org after receiving instructor approval.
To register, fill out the Non-Degree Seeking Part-Time Student Registration Form.