The purpose of the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (SCNAVTA) is:
- To promote the professional and educational advancement of veterinary technicians.
- To promote and maintain the professional image and high ethical standards of the veterinary technician.
- To promote progressive and humane medical care for all creatures.
- To promote and maintain a cooperative professional relationship with the veterinary medical profession.
- To promote an interest in a National Association of veterinary technicians.
- To further the social and scientific advancement of DCTC veterinary technology students.