SkillsUSA is a national non-profit organization for students in trade, industrial, technical, and health occupation programs in community and technical colleges. SkillsUSA's mission is to empower its members to become world-class workers, leaders and responsible American citizens. There are over 50 competitions through SkillsUSA that relate to programs of study at DCTC or leadership development. DCTC students compete against other colleges in Minnesota, and those who place first in the state will advance to nationals and compete against the best students in the nation in their chosen field. Participation in SkillsUSA is an excellent addition to your resume! View SkillsUSA Brochure and Competition Listing to see a list of competitions and more details about competing.
SkillsUSA Contest Descriptions by Program Area
- Fill out the SkillsUSA Membership form
- Attach $15 for membership fees
- Turn membership form and fees in to the Student Life Center by membership deadline
Competing in SkillsUSA
- Must be a SkillsUSA member and endorsed to compete by a DCTC faculty or staff member
- Determine what contests you would like to compete in and contact contest advisor with questions
- Turn in the SkillsUSA State Championships registration and liability form by state registration deadline
Before competing, you will need to:
- Have a One-page resume
- Meet with your contest advisor
- Ensure you have all the needed equipment for your competition
- Ensure you have appropriate clothing for your competition
- Prepare/practice for competition as advised
Attend to learn more about SkillsUSA, hear from students and alumni who have competed, get more information about specific competitions, and meet with a SkillsUSA advisor.
Students compete in their field of study or leadership area against other students from two-year colleges in Minnesota.
Students who place first at the State Championships advance to nationals, where they will compete against the top students in the nation.
SkillsUSA in DCTC News
June 18, 2021
February 11, 2021
August 18, 2020
November 27, 2019
October 14, 2019