Dakota County Technical College (DCTC) is firmly committed to maintaining appropriate data privacy; our data gathering and dissemination are governed by state and federal laws, including the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 13. The following discloses our data practices for the DCTC web sites.
For security purposes and to ensure that the web site remains available to all users, we use software to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
The information you provide may be classified as private by law. You are not legally required to provide this information, but if you do not supply this information on a contact, help or registration form, we will be unable to contact you. Contact information missing from a registration form may mean that your registration will be incomplete and may not be able to be processed. The information you provide will be available to DCTC and Minnesota State Colleges and Universities staff to allow them to perform their work-related duties.
We store only the following information:
- The IP address from which you access the internet.
- The date and time you visit our site.
- The internet address of the web site from which you direct-linked to our site.
- The web pages on our site that you visit.
- The browser you use to access our site.
We use this information to:
- Determine the number of visitors to the site and to different sections of the site.
- Monitor system performance.
- Assess technical design requirements.
- Design our site to support our users' needs.
We only analyze the above information in aggregate; we cannot and do not use the information in our server logs to identify an individual.
If you have further questions related to data privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.