Alertus works in conjunction with StarAlert to keep the campus community informed of emergency situations.
The system includes:
- Beacons installed across campus with visible strobes, audible alerting, and a screen to deliver messages.
- Emergency alerts to computers that are part of the campus network, including desktops and laptops used in offices, classrooms, and labs.
- An app that you can download to your cell phone.
Download the app
We encourage you to download the Alertus Mobile Recipient app to your cell phone. Follow these steps to complete the process:
- Download for iOS | Download for Android
(Look for the yellow Alertus Utilities app icon)
- Enter the organizational code: dctcihcc
- Enter your campus email that ends in .edu
Learn more about your campus-issued email
- Verify your information when you receive the confirmation email
- Select which alerts to receive. You can choose DCTC, IHCC (Inver Hills), or both