Initial Log-In: When you login for the first time, you will be prompted to create your profile and upload a resume into the system. Basic student profile information - including major(s), minor(s) and GPA - will automatically sync from your DCTC account.
- You can select My Profile at any time to add or edit profile information or documents.
- The Documents tab will allow you to add resumes, cover letters and other application materials as well as build your profile directly from your uploaded resume.
- Special Note: Making your profile and a resume visible to "Community" will allow employers to search for and contact you based on your interests and additional profile information.
- Notification Preferences allow you to determine how you want Handshake to communicate important information to you – via push notifications, general notifications and/or email.
- Select Career Interests to specify your goals based on geographic location, career goals and industry & job preferences. Complete this section to receive more relevant opportunities and personalized recommendations!
Remember: The more you include in your profile and career interests, the better Handshake can populate your newsfeed with opportunities that matter to you. Keep it relevant and keep it updated!
Privacy: Upon initial login, you have the option to share your profile information with employers by selecting or de-selecting the checkbox under the “Yes, I want employers to be able to find and view my profile” area. As a note, Handshake will default to a fully private profile unless you select otherwise.
- You can change this setting at any time by visiting your Settings & Privacy. Choose the Account tab and find the checkbox to change your preference (Community, Employers or Private).
- You can elect to hide your GPA even if you have a public profile. Simply visit your Profile Settings, select the “Edit” icon (a small pencil) and locate your GPA within the Education field. You can then un-check the box that says "Hide from employers." Handshake will default to a public GPA for a public profile unless you select otherwise.