As a follow up from the recent MinnState communication, as well as current COVID trends and public health experts' guidance (Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)), as well as in alignment with the recent Executive Order 21-21 by Governor Walz, the DCTC campus will be making adjustments regarding masks/face coverings and social distancing and more.
Mask/Face Covering Updates
Effective Monday, June 14, 2021, masks will not be required for vaccinated individuals while indoors or outdoors at DCTC.
- All people who have not been vaccinated are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering in accordance with MDH and CDC recommendations until they are fully vaccinated.
- Nothing precludes someone from wearing a mask, for any reason, if they so choose.
- For more information on activities that still require a mask (e.g., on public transportation), please visit the CDC site.
Social Distancing/Capacity Limitations
As a COVID-19 mitigation effort, campus classrooms will require 3 feet of social distancing. In other campus locations, 6 feet of social distancing should be maintained. Limits on size and capacity restrictions for indoor and outdoor events will be lifted.
- Summer and Fall semester hours: Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Effective June 14, 2021, all entrances will be open during normal business hours.
- Additional access available at North (front) entrance for evening and Saturday classes.
- Only visitors may park in the front visitor lot during the day.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are required. Please minimize your time and movement through the facilities.
- Enrollment Service Center open 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
COVID Health Screening Questionnaire Tool
Effective on Monday, May 24, 2021, students, employees or visitors no longer need to complete the COVID Health Screening Questionnaire Tool ("green screen"). However, please continue to self-monitor for COVID symptoms and stay home if you are not feeling well and seek medical advice as needed.
Under the new CDC guidance, fully vaccinated individuals can resume activities that they did prior to the pandemic without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
If you haven’t been vaccinated yet, find a vaccine.
COVID Status Dashboard
With the increase in vaccinations, reported cases on campus have decreased. Per guidance from Minnesota State, we no longer need to reflect the COVID status level alert on campus.
Student Services remain available remotely.
Even though the library is closed, we are here to help you! The library website has updates and online resources as well.
email@example.com | 651-423-8366
DCTC online bookstore | firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology and Online Learning
Students: Resources and Online Learning Technology
Faculty: Resources on teaching continuity