About Library laptops and hotspots
The Library has Lenovo ThinkPads, HP EliteBooks, Chromebooks, and Wi-Fi hotspots that DCTC students may check out for one semester. All laptops require a Wi-Fi connection to use. ThinkPads and EliteBooks come with Adobe Creative Cloud software, Microsoft Office, and Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Respondus LockDown browsers, all running on Windows 10. Chromebooks allow users to download apps from Google Play. Hotspots require a T-Mobile signal to convert to a Wi-Fi signal.
Borrow a laptop or hotspot
The preferred way to check out a device is to visit the Library in person, so we can make sure it's working properly and has the features you need. However, if you're unable to visit the Library during our open hours, you can place a hold online (see below) and pick up the device from a locker anytime the building is open.
All laptop checkouts require you to read and digitally sign our Laptop Loan Agreement.
Place a hold on a laptop or hotspot
- Choose a laptop or a hotspot from our catalog.
- Click on Sign in, then log in with your StarID and password.
- Click on Place Hold.
- Complete the request form with the Pickup Location.
- DCTC Library: in person at the Library service desk during Library hours
- Locker pickup: in a locked locker during business hours
- When you're ready, click on Send Request. You should see a green box saying Your request was successfully placed.
- You'll receive an e-mail when a device is ready for you to check out. If you don't check it out by the held for you until date, the device will be given to the next person in line.
- To see where you are in line, log into your OneSearch account. Then click on the triangle next to your name in the upper right corner of the screen and select My Requests. You can also cancel your request here if you don't need a device anymore.